Crap or not crap

Crap
Total votes: 1 (7%)
Not crap
Total votes: 13 (93%)
Total votes: 14

Band: Oxbow

Prety sure this poll existed in the old forum. But can't remember if people liked'em or not.

I say super Not Crap. Fuckfest might be my fave, but Iove'm all. Sure their albums have moments when they delve too much into experimentation and kinda suck, but when they hit the right buttons few can rival them methinks.

Re: Band: Oxbow

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the slow, experimental stuff or the grunting lyrics, but I saw these guys co-headline a show with Sumac in London, and they were intense, so I'll give them a n/c for that.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

Only one great record (Serenade in Red, though An Evil Heat has its moments). I generally like the idea (deconstructionist art rock meets Rollins-level man theatrics: sorta halfway between Skin Graft and Am Rep vibes) more than the execution.

Quite a mixed bag live IMO, but the first time I saw them (opening for Harvey Milk) Eugene managed to intimidate the audience so much that the crowd flattened into the walls around the venue to stay back from the stage. The second scariest strip show I've seen - try as he might, Mr Robinson can't quite terrorise like a 30-something single mother stripper, though he comes close.

N.C.

I've found them really hit or miss, mostly miss, but for some reason this track really landed with me a couple years back. The video is kinda... I dunno, feels very Post-Unforgiven, not in a good way? But the song still hits