big black drum machine question?

I feel kind of dumb asking this, because I'm hoping the Tech Room is the proper area to ask such a questin as this and because I'm sure this has been answered in numerous previously posted threads, but here goes...

What was the drum machine used on "songs about fucking" or more specifically in a general way?, what model was the drum machine that big black used?

If that is true then thanks for your promptness and your lack of confidence. Kidding. I was aware it was Roland, but seeing as how I know very little about drum machines other than the Alesis and the Korg DDD-1 I once owned, I was curious as to how those machines compared to what I've heard utilized by big black and whether it was so much the programmer (drummer) or the machine itself that defined the 'goodness' of the beats. I'm sure its some of both, but mostly the former. Did I just answer my own question?

There is a site of drum machines on the web which has all the drum machine from that era samples. Although I don't use the Roland ones you can get them I use other types in Albleton Live although I think you can do this in reason or whateaver if you choose. So if you want the same drum machine sounds you can get them.

As far as the beats I have used the Roland and I don't remember the pre progammed beats being used but it has been a long time. A lot of time you started with the pre sets and built on them to make your own.

Do remember it sounded great live. And the drum machine you bought it never had to give it a cut of the show profet and it was never too drunk to play. Less stuff to move.

dave-sidca wrote:When you were playing live, what sort of backline/monitoring equipment did you use to hear the thing? We use a drum-machine for a while, and I seemed to spend most of my time on stage bent double with my head stuck in the house monitors trying to work out what the fuck was going on.

Not positive but I seem to remember (from photographs) it being a little Traynor PA. Anyone?

(edit: or maybe those were little Traynor speakers Steve played guitar through... dunno.)