Propagandhi?

Crapagandhi?
Total votes: 22 (39%)
Not Crapagandhi?
Total votes: 35 (61%)
Total votes: 57

band: Propagandhi

While we're on it.

I truly adore this band. Usually I find most "modern punk" to be insipid and tiresome, especially in vague political lyrics, but Chris' words always hit home.

Less Talk, More Rock is one of my favourite records ever, although I tend to not listen to the John Samson songs as much. It's a little less tongue in cheek than most of their other stuff. I really enjoyed their I'd Rather be Flag Burning, esp. Oka Everywhere. They've recommended some really great reads ("Refusing to be a Man") and have some of the most emotionally charged political lyrics since DK.

"And yes I recognize the Irony/Of biting the hand that feeds/That's exactly why privleged fucks like me/should feel obliged to whine and kick and scream/Til everyone has everything they need."

Killer live show, waffle factor for their last record with the crappy new bass player.

Plus, I own this shirt and I love it:

Faiz
kerble is right.

band: Propagandhi

I actually prefer the new album. I also thought the "crappy new bassist"'s last band, I Spy was rather good.

The other stuff, i enjoy, always did, but the new album really withstands a solid amount of listens ("Bullshit Politicians"- my fav of the album, an ordinary 'punk' subject line but a good application of songwriting to me)
they have the whole political thrash roots thing going on and it seems like they are more of whatthey should be as opposed to something pushed out of Ryan Greene/"phat" Mike's colon.

as for their label, G7, i see waht their doing and wished I cared enough to buy more. But i have a condition known as "chomsky incontinence".