Tipping the interns.

yaledelay wrote:Tom wrote:I haven't been an intern in a while, but some old lady came into my bookstore a couple of weeks ago and gave me a five (5) dollar tip for getting her a 7.99 dictionary. I of course refused, but she left it on the counter.Was she propositioning me?Yes, that old lady needed some fine fine Tom lovin.Surely that's worth more than a fiver
www.myspace.com/pissedplanet
www.myspace.com/hookerdraggerlives

Tipping the interns.

sonicdeath wrote:I once had a boss who always left $20 bills sitting around. Seemed odd and stupid to me.After about 6 months, my boss told me he kept a hidden camera on his random bills. Just so he could find people he could trust. He then gave me $50 to keep my mouth shut about the cameras and after work we went out for beers.I saw a lot of people get fired over $20. I still look up to him when thinking of my own business. Dont Fuck with what is not yours, gain the trust of you bosses and peers. A Dollar sitting around, is a really weird Vibe. Just mind your own, and keep your hands clean.Your boss sounds like a cock and a creep. Fuck him and his employee espionage.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electrical dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.

Tipping the interns.

Tom wrote:I haven't been an intern in a while, but some old lady came into my bookstore a couple of weeks ago and gave me a five (5) dollar tip for getting her a 7.99 dictionary. I of course refused, but she left it on the counter.Was she propositioning me?Yes, that old lady needed some fine fine Tom lovin.
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.

Tipping the interns.

sonicdeath wrote:I once had a boss who always left $20 bills sitting around. Seemed odd and stupid to me.After about 6 months, my boss told me he kept a hidden camera on his random bills. Just so he could find people he could trust. He then gave me $50 to keep my mouth shut about the cameras and after work we went out for beers.I saw a lot of people get fired over $20. I still look up to him when thinking of my own business. Dont Fuck with what is not yours, gain the trust of you bosses and peers. A Dollar sitting around, is a really weird Vibe. Just mind your own, and keep your hands clean.So instead of imparting the importance of trust your boss intentionally sets people up for failure and then decides the fate of their future because of it? steve wrote:Your boss sounds like a cock and a creep. Fuck him and his employee espionage.

Tipping the interns.

I feel like its totally subjective and situational. I denied the tip the first couple times it happened to me and it was the right choice. Although recently, I worked with someone who would be considered a "rock star". When I said I couldn't accept his tip (which was quite a hefty amount) he was fairly upset and made a point to say something to the owner about it. Just have some common sense and use your best judgement. If your looking for a definitive answer though. Say thank you and graciously deny acceptance. Generally the right answer in my experience.