Stereo delay at Electrical

Hey all,Just wanted to know about the custom made stereo delay Eventide built for Electrical, I heard thru the grapevine that they had approached the facility and a plan was made to design a simple rack mounted stereo delay system which I presume was intended for basic pre delays of room microphones et al.I emailed eventide to ask about this but they denied such a thing and suggested that the staff here are probably using this:https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... ay/ddl-500..and confusing it with a custom built unit.Anyways just wanting to get the facts straight, thank youBest!

Yup. My understanding is that Steve conversationally bemoaned that no one makes a simple no-feedback delay that can get down to the microsecond range. Eventide prototyped a couple of them, even silkscreening our logo on the faceplate. I think they toyed with the idea of selling/ marketing them.In each of the few places these need to work well they deliver. They are digital delays, the AD/DA conversion is really good. The interface is easy to understand and use. They're useful for phase-aligning different pickups on the same sound source (DI/ mic; multiple mics), and for delaying room mics, adding pre-delay to reverbs that don't have it, etc.We do actually have a couple of those 500-series delays they sent us for our feedback, but we don't have a 500 series rack!

Steve showed us that same unit when I was there last year. I emailed eventide about it and they said they had no plan to put it into production.I use the TC Electronics M-One XL and that's worked fine for me, saved a preset, it doesn't go into the microseconds range, but for delaying room mics and those types of applications it works well.Eddie
"I raged against the machine and all this money came out of it!" -Bart Simpson

Pigeon wrote:I use the TC Electronics M-One XL and that's worked fine for me, saved a preset, it doesn't go into the microseconds range, but for delaying room mics and those types of applications it works well.EddieDoes the M-One XL allow you to adjust delay by single ms or 10s of ms? I ve been looking for something that performs the same basic functions as FM Steve s Eventide unit, and this information is stunningly hard to come by. I have it narrowed down to 2 or 3 units (this is one of them), just want to make sure before I start dropping $200 here & there. Thanks!