TV quiz show: Jeopardy! TV quiz show: Jeopardy!

Clyde wrote:Clyde wrote:Here's a super-dorky little Jeopardy min-game the missus and I play: when the Final Jeopardy category is announced just before the commercial break we try to guess what the answer (or question, I guess) is going to be based on only that information. For example, let's say the category is 20th Century Poets. Based on that, I might guess T.S. Eliot and my girlfriend might guess Sylva Plath. (The way we do it is we silently each think of what our guess is and then share when we're both ready so as not to possibly influence each other's answers by shouting stuff out.) One guess only and once you've said it out loud you can't change your answer. I probably get it right about once-twice a month, although I once got four over the course of two weeks. Yes, I know, I already said this was super-dorky.Won this little game last night. Category was North American Cities and both my partner and I picked Montreal as we had been discussing the city not five minutes earlier. (Also, the category suggests that the city won't be in the U.S. and Jeopardy leans more toward Canada than Mexico.)The clue was In 2017 this city celebrated its 375th birthday & the 50th anniv. of an event that made it an international tourist destination.I won my little game last night with the category of Children's Authors. I guessed Maurice Sendak.The clue wasThis author & illustrator who won the 1964 Caldecott Medal was dubbed the œPicasso of children s books

Tomorrow morning haha. To be completely honest, I hope I do well but don t actually get picked. I m afraid of what my anxiety and depression might do to me. I m more looking forward to a show I m playing tomorrow night back home in Cleveland.EDIT:Really surprised myself despite running on only 4 hours of sleep (completely unintentional ”was too excited to fall asleep haha) and did extremely well on all three parts of the audition (or at least I feel like I did). Just gotta wait and see anytime between now and 18 months to see if I get on now!

MJongo wrote:Tomorrow morning haha. To be completely honest, I hope I do well but don t actually get picked. I m afraid of what my anxiety and depression might do to me. I m more looking forward to a show I m playing tomorrow night back home in Cleveland.EDIT:Really surprised myself despite running on only 4 hours of sleep (completely unintentional ”was too excited to fall asleep haha) and did extremely well on all three parts of the audition (or at least I feel like I did). Just gotta wait and see anytime between now and 18 months to see if I get on now!Hell yeah, great job! Keep us updated. What's the audition process like? I've always been curious. (of course, only if you're allowed to divulge this and want to do so).

Only thing I can t divulge from the audition are the questions/answers. There were around 20 people there auditioning. Basically it started with a 50-question written test where you got about 8 seconds per question to answer (I estimate I got around 40/50 correct, with a couple really bad brain freezes and a few really lucky guesses), then they brought people up in groups of threes to play a mock round for several minutes. I did really good on that one as well. Then finally they do an extended interview with you, asking questions like on the portion of the show where you talk about yourself. I thought I did well on that part too, talking about the music I make, the mathematical stuff I explore in my free time, and what I d do with the money if I won ( œmusical instruments and cases to carry them in lol). It was really fun and everything went really smoothly. I definitely think I stood out a lot and made a great overall impression.