An explanation of the Electrical Audio Forum Archive

Hello Friends,

During the otherwise uninteresting year of 2020, the Electrical Audio Forum went down. Bots were wreaking havoc on the server and Steve and the boys decided to completely take the website down, regroup and bring it back as soon as possible. Shortly thereafter, a new Electrical Audio website was born. However, as the planning started for the resurrection of the forum, an unfortunate discovery was made: the only backup that could be found was from 2008 (thank you, Russ Arbuthnot).

Emails and ideas started flying and during the discussion, we learned that someone had taken a download of the entire site in html form during the summer of 2019.

With that in mind, I stupidly volunteered to help the studio get the data from the html pages to then import into the 2008 database backup.

Unfortunately, while executing this process I learned that the download of the 2019 site only featured about five pages worth of data in the forum. That amounted to about 28,000 posts. However, what this means is that the forum archive that you are looking at is incomplete.

This archive is two different segments:

1. 2003 to August of 2008 (all posts from all the original players)
2. A random smattering of posts from 2008 to 2019

Unfortunately this is the best we could do, so you're going to just have to try and remember if you *would* fuck that melon, because i think that thread is now in thread heaven.

Also please note that while I was able to grab the text from posts that existed from 2008 to 2019, the formatting of the post was not copied over. Because of this, some of these posts will have noticeable oddities such. Unfortunately, anything you did to make your post look interesting (weird spacing, bolding and italicizing, etc.) did not copy over. We are essentially looking at raw data. Nerds.

Since this archive rests on the same space as the new forum, I went ahead and appended "_Archive" to each archive username. This will allow you to register for this forum and use your old username without issue.

Enjoy the old one, build the new one, welcome back to my least favorite place on earth.

andyk