Re: Small questions that don't fit anywhere

Did this coincide with the change of calendar year? I’m not sure even if that were the case how that would help move forward unless possibly maybe perhaps something is being asked to run at the new year. If there was something trying to make HTTP calls and gumming up the works, you could use something like Fiddler to investigate. I dunno, that’s a super long shot.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

Bubber wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:28 pm Hi,
Did a driver reinstall earlier today and unfortunately it didn't fix it.
The recent support articles for OS upgrades refer to download pages where, in the case of High Sierra, the download link gave me a message that I could not download that OS because the linked file is corrupt. Rock on, Apple Support

Whoaaaaaa suddenly it's downloading High Sierra this time
Please hold
Thanks, updates tbd

OK, after a fresh OS and driver install/update, 15min of playing so far with no distortion or delays appearing, so I am hoping it has resolved it. Meantime, it looks like I could have gone one OS iteration farther (Mojave) after all. So maybe I'll try that on the other rig when I'm back to it.

Thank you, everybody, I hope this has solved it. Fuckin' A

Bubber wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:06 pm Hey, just wanted to duck back in and say thanks to everybody for puzzling through this with me. The OS update going through did the trick, and cleared up my Reaper/interface troubles. I'm so glad the Tech Room still exists. Thanks again.
Glad to hear it man, hope it continues to behave how it should.
guitar in - weaklungband.bandcamp.com/

Thanks for the Les Paul guitar strap recs, y'all. I think it's probably best that I run by a local guitar shop to try a few out, since comfort is tough to determine from afar.

On to other issues: I use a 2007 Dell laptop to record music. The only files on it are music files and music making/recording programs. It's not connected to the internet - just a USB input from my Focusrite 2i2 interface > USB > Reaper. That laptop is now so old that I can't record without it sputtering and crashing, and the soundcard is garbage.

I need a super basic laptop that was made in the last 5 or so years. Only need pretty basic memory, and 2-3 USB ports. A friend recommended a 6 GB mini-PC (

This was also recommended to me

Any thoughts on an affordable setup?