Re: Small questions that don't fit anywhere

llllllllllllllllllll wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:10 pm Any opinions on a pair of Audio Technica 4051 vs Shure KSM137? Need a utility pair, maybe more for acoustic stuff than anything else, but still need some all arounders. Would probably prefer the KSM141 for omni , but those are too expensive right now.

Also, if a Beyer M88 is too boomy on my voice - what are you doing while tracking? Move it back? HPF? Grab another mic?

I was holding it for scratch vocals and the proximity effect was a little too happening, though I was still careful not to eat the mic. My inclination would be to move it further back, but at that point, wouldn’t a condenser be a better option? There’s no reason I couldn’t put it on a stand and back away a bit, I’m just sort of doing a gut check here.
I like the Audio Technica 4051 more. Just felt like they didn't color the sound as much. They sounds good on acoustic guitars in my opinion if you mic it around the twelth fret.
"There's a felling I get when I look to the west"
"When the meaningful words. When they cease to function. When there's nothing to say."

What is the easiest way to neaten up this scratchplate? When I swapped the stock p/ups out of this Gretsch, the new ones had bigger mounting rings, and I did a messy job of trimming the recesses in the scratchplate to accomodate them.
[/img]

What is an easy (as in with fairly standard DIY tools, rather than fully kitted-out work bench) of tidying it up, with straight lines and proper corners?

Apologies for the dustiness of the guitar. Spring sunlight is merciless!

penningtron wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:25 am I'm sure that would be well received! I'm curious what logic is required to separate the wheedle dee from the yak yak.
I hoped there would be something pre-made, but it looks like you'd have to use a python library to do "onset detection" then figure out which of those are music or else use some sort of ai model.
The only hiccup is you'd have to then host the edited video (either on youtube or your own bucket) which might cause copyright issues with YT.