win the trial and lose the election
Total votes: 1 (6%)
win both
Total votes: 3 (17%)
lose both
Total votes: 12 (67%)
Total votes: 18

Re: president: trump

andyman wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:24 am I can't believe he's being allowed on the ballot after the insurrection. I know the supreme court's republican controlled now, but is that not deeply, deeply troubling?
I think the "deeply troubling " part of Trump is that he's a megalomaniacal moron. Call me an insurrection denier, but that was just a bunch of idiots without a plan. Were you truly concerned these yahoos with bear spray were going to overthrow the American government? I'd say they had a worse chance than those student protests do for stopping a war, and that's not looking good.

Have you guys seen the "Real Men Wear Diapers" banner/rally pics. It's incredible what they will embrace. I kind of want those pics to go viral. I think there are a lot of casual Trump supporters who aren't in tune to the rumor mill, who sadly would be shaken more by that embarrassment than his immoral conduct.

zorg wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:10 am
andyman wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:24 am I can't believe he's being allowed on the ballot after the insurrection. I know the supreme court's republican controlled now, but is that not deeply, deeply troubling?
I think the "deeply troubling " part of Trump is that he's a megalomaniacal moron. Call me an insurrection denier, but that was just a bunch of idiots without a plan. Were you truly concerned these yahoos with bear spray were going to overthrow the American government? I'd say they had a worse chance than those student protests do for stopping a war, and that's not looking good.
Regardless of their prep or capability, they technically attacked the government at his direction, violating the gd constitution. He may be a moron, but this is about a bigger issue: the integrity of the wider government and whether they'll actively enforce the fundamental rules of the country (which is ironic as they spend so much time arguing against anything else that might violate it - gun control, abortion..).