Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Crap
Total votes: 10 (40%)
Not crap
Total votes: 15 (60%)
Total votes: 25

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

I definitely have mixed feelings voting Not Crap on this one. An incredible run of albums up until The Boatman’s Call. To be honest I barely rate a note since.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Re: Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

I admit I haven't been able to get into the quieter stuff Cave has been putting out recently, but not crap for Tender Prey, Murder Ballads, Let Love In, Skeleton Tree, and many other songs not on those albums. He and the Bad Seeds are also a killer live show.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

Was weirdly thinking about his albums yesterday.

From Push the Sky Away onward, I find their albums incredibly GREAT. I saw them on that tour and the one after and they blew my mind, so that helps. We have so much documentation about the making of those albums as well, so again, probably helps nudge it in that direction for me.

I'd see him play anytime I got the chance. Not Crap from me.

I know it's blasphemy, but I do not care bout his songs/records. They are self serving to his jerk off lyrical expression and I could not care less about it. It's as if David Yow had a side band about him and made records with them, but minus The Jesus Lizard. Oh, wait...

One thing I will give it to him, his voice color is passable.
Last edited by Lu Zwei on Wed May 22, 2024 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing major here. Just a regular EU cock. I pull it out and there is beans all over my penis. Bean shells all over my penis...

penningtron wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:38 am Not a big fan past the period that kind of sounds like the Birthday Party, and I've tried. It's all such forced maturity to me: the suits, the ballads, the literary themes. I'm getting sleepy just thinking about it. The Grinderman stuff was ok.
Yep, some of it is very dull from The Good Son onwards, with earlier records skirting very close to parody territory.

I was very disappointed hearing these records after being a big B-Day Party fan in my teens. I go back every so often and try again, even reframing him in a mainstream singer / songwriter context ála Reed, Cohen, etc, and it still feels awkward and underdeveloped. Can't shake the feeling of schtick from the while thing.

Not for me.