Changed the Cookie Settings

Hey,

The 'Go to newest unread post' feature, the one where you click the little arrow-box next to the thread topic, wasn't working very well, so I changed the cookie settings of the forum to hopefully try to make it work a bit better.

This means that you're old cookies will probably be invalid, and it's a good idea to go clear them out.

In Firefox 3, you can do this by going to Preferences -> Privacy -> Show Cookies and searching for electrical.com and deleting those cookies. Go back to the forum index, and log in again.

HOWTO clear cookies on other browsers

Thanks.
Last edited by russ_Archive on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I spent a few minutes noticing I was logged out and being unable to log back in before I rememered about this. Be prepared to be inundated with "HALP I CANT LOG IN OMG AM I BANND" emails.

If you are still on Firefox 2.0, as I am, it's Options->Privacy->Show Cookies. If you're using another browser, I can't help your sorry ass.
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.

lemur68 wrote:I spent a few minutes noticing I was logged out and being unable to log back in before I rememered about this. Be prepared to be inundated with "HALP I CANT LOG IN OMG AM I BANND" emails.

If you are still on Firefox 2.0, as I am, it's Options->Privacy->Show Cookies. If you're using another browser, I can't help your sorry ass.

same here. kept logging in & still not being logged in after deleting cookies.

restarted firefox & everything was cool!

Lemuel Gulliver wrote:Anyone else's iTunes totally shit the bed after doing this?

no problems for me...couldn't think of why unless you're having deeper problems...
lemur68 wrote:I've always said there are two ways to guarantee getting on the news:

1) Be found hoarding 80 animals in your home.

2) Drive through a storefront.

I'm 6/80ths the way to #1.

Maurice wrote:Oh, fuck. Without the valid cookies, I couldn't see this thread, and was caught in a login loop. Clearing cookies (seemed like a reasonable step) solved it, and now I see why. Sorry bout the emails, Russ!

I was pissed that the forum was down, and complained to noise&light on the phone about how I missed my "fix."

She schooled me.

Thanks for doing all this thankless forum stuff.
I make music/I also make pretty pictures