Craigslist/eBay Bragging thread, pt. 2

Nate Dort wrote:Just picked this up mere minutes ago:1965 Ludwig kit, 12/12/14/20 in Blue Sky Pearl, with cymbals, hardware and Supraphonic snare in original, nearly unplayed shape, for $200.The seller was a scrapper/picker and found it by the side of the road with the trash last week and though it was too nice to just leave there. I saw his CL ad about 15 minutes after he posted it, and he was located 3 miles away from my office.Insane! My God...

Craigslist/eBay Bragging thread, pt. 2

Redline wrote:eliya wrote:This is just silly.This is just stolen.I doubt it. There was some other trash in the rolling case, like it had fallen in while it was sitting by the side of the road. Some old bathroom fixtures, old magazines and catalogs.Based on the neighborhood where the seller found it, it was most likely the family cleaning out a house after the owner passed away. That neighborhood has a lot of original homeowners from the 50s-60s, and it's in an expensive part of town. I'm guessing they just thought it was a old kid's drum set. There's a name written on the hardware and cymbals in a child's handwriting.