For free: Things.

For free, AC-DC wall warts of your choosing:Sony 9VDC 600mABroken Boss 9.6VDC 200mA (wire broke off at strain relief on transformer housing, I can't figure out whether the plastic housing comes apart or if I'd have to cut it open)generic 4.5VDC 100mA tip negativegeneric 15VDC 1A tip positiveMeet me somewhere in NYC or I could mail to you?

I have a couple of cheapo mixing boards I'm probably never going to use because my Firestudio can do everything I realistically need done.#1 is a nonfunctional Mackie ProFX12. It worked fine one day, then I didn't use it for a month, and then it didn't work. It won't power up, just flickers. I suspect a bad capacitor somewhere, but visually they all looked OK to my (untrained) eyes. If you think you can fix it, it's all yours.#2 is a big, clunky 24-track Electro-whatever Dynachord Elan. Pots crackle like my asshole after burrito night and definitely need cleaning. VU meters work, but rest in positions best described as whatever when not in use. Maybe something's binding or needs WD-40, I don't know, I'm dumb about these things.Also, if anyone wants a functional but massively heavy projection TV my brother decided to grab for free off craigslist a few years ago (but never uses now that he has a flatscreen in his room), I'd love to get it out of my living room. It takes up a fair amount of space. Front panel was a victim of feline terrorism. Otherwise works OK. I use it to play my NES, but just about any more space-efficient TV could serve that purpose. It's perfect for the double-wide or the garage!I'm available anytime Monday-Thursday (usually).

I am shamelessly bumping this thread to ask the following to my fellow portland prfs:Anybody got a shovel and/or loppers I could borrow for a couple days? I could leave you with my ID or something.I know.. I'm kind of a shady character, and a mans shovel is a mans pride, as the adage goes..I'm seriously looking to borrow a shovel and/or loppers, though. Thought I'd ask, just in case!Happy hump day.

Anyone want a lot of zip plastic bags and anti-static bags? These aren't Ziploc bags - they're thicker. If you ever bought resistors and capacitors online then you know what they are. I don't want to throw them away and pollute the planet, so maybe someone here wants them? Get your beads organized or something!

travis k wrote:I ride my bike a lot picking up sweet shit in my neighborhood as a hobby / miser . I also have lots of artist friends in various studio buildings.Anyway, I found a discarded audio tape at a friend's building. It was in an area where people leave things out for other makers, before it may ultimately be tossed out. It's a Quantegy GP9 grand master platinum studio master audio tape.It's used. But in Box . Looks to be handled with care.Was used by artist: Susan Cagle? Client:Sony. producer :Jay Levine These things seem to sell on EBay used. However,I would feel uncomfortable selling this to someone without having first hand knowledge of it's provenance . ( I don't know if it's been compromised or is useful. I'm also fairly ignorant in that regard.) So I would like to give it to someone and hope that it would be put to good use. I live I Greenpoint, Brooklyn. I can ride anywhere in that area to meet.PM if interested.She's on twitter. Tweet at her with a picture of the tape and ask if she wants it. It's probably not a master tape, but maybe?