Idiot - Donald Trump Idiot - Donald Trump

RSMurphy wrote:seanurban wrote:vox wrote:I encourage the American people and all of us in this room and beyond to not take the bait, Pressley said of Trump s remarks about, well, her. œThis is a disruptive distraction from the issues.seems smart.I understand the sentiment, but Trump's base eats this shit up like dogfood. Kinda hard to ignore if you are the targets of ire, and this is the real crime of Donald Trump because once he's gone his stink will remain. It's not like the hate will go away if he does. He's doing significant, long-lasting damage. Pressley is a bit wrong here. I mean, I get it if we were talking about modes of distraction other than stoking racial tension that's been simmering since the Civil War.RSMurphy wrote:Some goober in the South is just aching for a reason to use his AR-15. These 'distractions' are giving him that reason.I agree. I've see it close up all the time, especially this week. That rally was 30 minutes from where I live. I stayed out of town. My friend said it was chaotic all day. Like tailgating for white power. All week mother fuckers have had such lightness in their steps, like they have a feather in their cap.

Idiot - Donald Trump Idiot - Donald Trump

RSMurphy wrote:seanurban wrote:vox wrote:I encourage the American people and all of us in this room and beyond to not take the bait, Pressley said of Trump s remarks about, well, her. œThis is a disruptive distraction from the issues."seems smart.I understand the sentiment, but Trump's base eats this shit up like dogfood. Kinda hard to ignore if you are the targets of ire, and this is the real crime of Donald Trump because once he's gone his stink will remain. It's not like the hate will go away if he does. He's doing significant, long-lasting damage. Pressley is a bit wrong here. I mean, I get it if we were talking about modes of distraction other than stoking racial tension that's been simmering since the Civil War.I took her point to be that the function of American racism is and always has been to divide and conquer working folks, and that the way to counteract this is to build solidarity around issues that would benefit everyone (Medicare for All, Green New Deal, etc). The death threats are certainly not lost on her, Omar, AOC, and Tlaib -- incredible heroes and patriots all -- and they've been among the first and most principled voices in calling racism racism. I'm still in awe of how rational and on-message they all were at that press conference. I feel emotionally undone by all this, and I'm a middle-class white dude.