Band: Tropical Fuck Storm You likey?

Clyde wrote:New song and video. Described by Erica thusly, "I had a dream that I was served Brian Wilson s face at a restaurant and it tasted good and I woke thinking that I had to write about the doomed facade of the American dream 'cos the famous beach boy couldn t swim and Dennis drowned but that idea has been so over cooked by acid-casualty hippies that I decided to write about my fear of falling in love with anybody because of the anxiety that they could either help me express myself or keep me locked in psychological torment a la Eugene Landry and Brian."Way too long since I posted in this thread. Came here to note the above and the fact that this record would be AOTY based on the promo blurbs alone. œI've invented fake news as a genre of music, Gareth Liddiard observes with a laugh. He s talking about œMaria 63 , the closing track on Tropical Fuck Storm s sophomore LP Braindrops. The song takes aim at the once-marginalized alt-right conspiracy theories that now seem to be a driving force behind the rise of fascism in global politics. œIt s about a Mossad agent traveling to Buenos Aires to assassinate Maria Orsic, a Nazi witch who telepathically got the blueprints for warp drive engines from aliens, Liddiard shares. œIt may be the most stupid song ever written, Liddiard jokes. He s wrong, œMaria 63 is emblematic of Tropical Fuck Storm s keen ability to mine the extreme edge of pop culture s periphery for potent musical and conceptual spice. Braindrops overflows with compelling sounds and visions that reflect the often dark and fractured reality of life on planet Earth as we hurtle toward environmental and social decay at a frighteningly rapid clip.