Re: Recent releases by Tired of Triangles

penningtron wrote: Nice work! There's a lot more to say on the subject and I don't wanna go too far down that hole but, but it can be bleak and discouraging out there. All you can do is keep your head down and make stuff you really want to make. Oh and I know what the cover is but don't wanna ruin it for those with a working CD player.
Oh, I'm actually not too discouraged, but thanks, man! Yeah, us old heads (oldish heads?) should just keep on truckin', if we feel inspired. That was the constant here, by and large--was enjoying myself while tracking, despite the usual nuisances/ups and downs. One of the benefits of doing a release over eighteen months instead of, like, three days or something, is that the crunch is more merciful.

Cheers.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

Alright, got a new Tired of Triangles single out today . . .

This is a cover of a 25-year-old song by a surf-rock-y band I was in just upon finishing high school. We called ourselved The Pottyshots, but our name had nothing to do with anything scatological--it was in reference to an underhanded basketball shot. So, along with "Tired of Triangles," that's two band names now that might be misleading; promise not to do this again. At any rate, our original material was recorded live to a Tascam 4-track using cheap mics, because that's all we had to work with then. This stuff has some charm but is not so technically accomplished. So re-recording "Resolving the Calm" with better gear and ushering it into the contemporary era was done with ample enthusiasm. And I do get a charge from listening to this now, mostly because of the part where the reverb pedal oscillates before the final chorus. At any rate, the track isn't complicated, but it's kinda fun.

You can stream/download it on Bandcamp (free for the next seven days), or listen to it on Spotify, TIDAL, or Apple Music.

Now--for me--it's time for dinner and relaxation. Cheers.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

Okay, another little outing this week: Two Early Versions, which compiles a couple of tracks from the earliest documented days of Tired of Triangles. The music has been remixed, retouched, and properly mastered almost nine years later. The first track is kinda heavy and brooding, while the second is lighter, more ebullient. These versions may well rival the ones that ended up on the first CD, though that's ultimately someone else's call to make.

In addition to the above YouTube video, this release is now available on Bandcamp, Spotify, TIDAL, and Apple Music.

There often aren't enough hours in the day, these releases eat up a lot of time, and I've got other stuff to tend to, so there probably won't be anything else new on the recording front for a good long while.

Cheers!!
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .