Re: Let Us See Your Shows

Tree wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:48 pm Last night I saw Yo La Tengo, a band I’ve been listening to for over half my life and should’ve seen well over two decades ago, for the first time. They were outstanding.
Treefus, same. I saw them for the first time last year and felt the same intoxication the first time I heard "Double Dare" lo so many years ago.
dontfeartheringo wrote:My new band plays Black Sabbath songs. 2nd show was Friday night. I think we might try to bring this dog and pony show to the PRFBBQ this summer.
Double dog dare you.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

Re: Let Us See Your Shows

I got to see Ken Vandermark's Edition Redux at the Cat's Cradle last Friday and they were great! Good jazz groups don't come through the Chapel Hill/Durham/Raleigh area too often so it was a nice surprise. This band is fantastic- the drummer kills, and the tuba (sometimes pedal enhanced) and keyboard play alternately wild and tight at the drop of a hat. Vandermark jumped between baritone, tenor and clarinet through out the set which flirted with a grab-bag of styles from Meters-like funk, to free, to repetitive minimalism to, as my partner pointed out, Lenox Avenue Breakdown-era Arthur Blythe. If you folks in Chicago get a chance, check them out on 3/1. It won't disappoint. (I know this thread is a about seeing our shows so sorry about not having pics, I don't carry a phone around on me normally.)