Blacklighter - "Stone Plateau"

Many years ago during PRF v1.0 we had a thread asking us to make up a fake genre band and album name and song titles. I came up with a stoner rock band called Blacklighter and their album "Stone Plateau" with a track list very much like this -

Mary Do You Wanna?
Not Holding
Woah, The Blade (The Scraper's Blade)
Ashes
Hashishin / Hashashin
Bambalacha The Wise
Atshitshi
Boot The Gong

The theme of the album was as follows -

This is a stoner rock operetta about some college friends living together in a house and running out of weed. They scrape all their bowls to the glass, then smoke the resin until they are left with just ashes. They cannot get any higher without obtaining more. They have reached the Stone Plateau. So they scrounge all their money together, gathering all the cash they can find, even flipping over the cushions on the couch for loose change.

They assign one of them the task of going out and scoring more from the rich kid they know in the dorms who sells weed, and also sometimes mushrooms. The housemate returns, triumphantly with a sack of some sick shit, and they all gather around the bong to light up a bowl and get stoned and listen to the new record "Stone Plateau" by Blacklighter, which is a stoner rock operetta about some college friends living together in a house and running out of weed...

I have always wanted to turn that into real music. Now finally I have. In celebration of this year's 4/20 I present to you

Blacklighter - "Stone Plateau"

I play everything and sing. Cliff Meyer from The Gersch, ISIS, Red Sparowes, Palms, Taiga, Windmills By The Ocean, et al, was kind enough to provide me with guitar solos for two of the tracks. A good friend of mine I grew up with provided another. FM Chris Goosman mastered it. Created in Minneapolis, Cleveland, Chicago, and Detroit making this a very midwestern metropolitan production.

Inspired by and dedicated to you, the good folks of the internet's Premier Rock Forum.

Thank you.
© 2003 el protoolio

Re: Blacklighter - "Stone Plateau"

This thread is going well.

One of the reasons I did this is to try to attract some other musicians to start a band. I don’t have to play these songs but I’d like to do something heavy and this is a demo and sample of what I can do and where I am at. I’m in Minneapolis so if anyone there is reading this and interested in jamming let me know. I play guitar and bass and will sing if no one else wants to but I don’t really consider myself a singer even though I sang all over this recording. That’s just because I needed vocals and didn’t have anyone else to do it.

Anyway. If anyone near me is looking to jam hit me up.
© 2003 el protoolio

Re: Blacklighter - "Stone Plateau"

I put together a Blacklighter power trio with some fellow FMs Peripatetic and Charlie D. We have been jamming at Peripatetics house every few weeks or so and are looking into different practice space situations and have written a couple more songs as well as found a cover or two to do.

I would still like to find a second guitarist to play leads and contribute to the riff writing. We are 43-50 years old with full time jobs and Peripatetic has a family and a main band in Upright Forms so its a casual situation. Wed like to get into shape for live gigs as well as recording. Not looking or expecting to go all the way with this, just a fun creative outlet.

Hit me up if you are in the Twin Cities, can play lead guitar and don’t mind playing in drop d tuning. Im not used to being the sole songwriter so very interested in any song ideas you have.

Thanks for reading.
© 2003 el protoolio