Band: The Replacements

CRAP
Total votes: 14 (26%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 40 (74%)
Total votes: 54

Band: The Replacements Band: The Replacements

whoisalhedges wrote:I just realized that I've never heard Sorry Ma, Stink or Hootenanny.I love the next 3 albums, quite dislike Don't Tell a Soul, and am rather OK with All Shook Down, think it suffers more from recording quality than song quality... but I've never heard the first three.Sure, songs on a mix tape here and there... but not all the way through. I might have to fix that, like, today.You really do. Those are my personal favorites and pretty much the only mats stuff I'll listen to (Let it Be is pretty good too, but after that it was all boring anthems).

whoisalhedges wrote:cuttheshitmike wrote:whoisalhedges wrote:I just realized that I've never heard Sorry Ma, Stink or Hootenanny.I love the next 3 albums, quite dislike Don't Tell a Soul, and am rather OK with All Shook Down, think it suffers more from recording quality than song quality... but I've never heard the first three.Sure, songs on a mix tape here and there... but not all the way through. I might have to fix that, like, today.You really do. Those are my personal favorites and pretty much the only mats stuff I'll listen to (Let it Be is pretty good too, but after that it was all boring anthems).It's really pretty ridiculous. I am 39, which means I've been listening to and loving the 'Mats for TWENTY-FIVE GODDAMN YEARS now, and yet these records have slipped by me.WOW.Those are essential. I mean, sure, Let It Be and Tim are like the college rock records, but Sorry Ma and Hootenanny in particular are their own sort of perfect. And Stink is pure drunken fun.God bless those fuckups and all the joy they've given the world.

cuttheshitmike wrote:whoisalhedges wrote:I just realized that I've never heard Sorry Ma, Stink or Hootenanny.I love the next 3 albums, quite dislike Don't Tell a Soul, and am rather OK with All Shook Down, think it suffers more from recording quality than song quality... but I've never heard the first three.Sure, songs on a mix tape here and there... but not all the way through. I might have to fix that, like, today.You really do. Those are my personal favorites and pretty much the only mats stuff I'll listen to (Let it Be is pretty good too, but after that it was all boring anthems).It's really pretty ridiculous. I am 39, which means I've been listening to and loving the 'Mats for TWENTY-FIVE GODDAMN YEARS now, and yet these records have slipped by me.