Re: Requiescat FM Steve

Totally bonkers. I wonder if the second pressing is also coming from the same plant/process. Probably, I would guess.
Looks like my copy will have to be from the second pressing.
I am dying to hear this thing. I keep telling myself it's good to support your local neighborhood indie retailer.
The store staffer already had a Shellac waiting list going, which I proudly joined.

I finally gave To All Trains a proper listen yesterday, and it's phenomenal. They really developed a stately sound over the last couple records. It reminds me of the good things about Led Zeppelin.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

Krev wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:55 am I finally gave To All Trains a proper listen yesterday, and it's phenomenal. They really developed a stately sound over the last couple records. It reminds me of the good things about Led Zeppelin.
Yeah, the recording is fantastic. For me reminiscent of the very early stuff. The vocals in particular sound great.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:16 pm
Krev wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:55 am I finally gave To All Trains a proper listen yesterday, and it's phenomenal. They really developed a stately sound over the last couple records. It reminds me of the good things about Led Zeppelin.
Yeah, the recording is fantastic. For me reminiscent of the very early stuff. The vocals in particular sound great.
It reminds me a lot of side 2 of Terraform, except it's a whole album's worth. It sounds like they are having a lot of fun. Yeah, it's really really great.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

As for Mama Gina, I remember Steve saying that he gave his mom, Gina, a fake sister and then killed her off. But that it was really about Steve's girlfriend at the time (Heather) finding out about the death of Bill Hicks. I've been thinking about that but can't find it online. It might have been a post of his on the old PRF.