Re: Personal memories from the old forum

Teacher's Pet wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:18 pm
seby wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:45 am
The Yeoman Ghost wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:55 pm

I’ve been trying to remember that, as well. Was it “tweaks”? “Mods”?
Tweaks!
I believe this person was fm AudioTruth. (Is that right?)
I once googled them out of curiosity and found other similar shenanigans in other places.
When I tried to find it again, just now, I discover there's another company now called Audiotruth so either the dude went legit or somebody else is using the same name.

I thought the tweaks were a complete joke and then later came across stuff like this so who the hell knows.
Hahahahahaha : )
"lol, listen to op 'music' and you'll understand"....

https://sebastiansequoiah-grayson.bandcamp.com/
https://oblier.bandcamp.com/releases
https://youtube.com/user/sebbityseb

Referencing Skin Graft in another post reminded me that Weasel Walter once wrote a very long, self-absorbed post on here, complaining about how Steve Albini didn't 'get' his music and blah blah. Someone then followed it up with "did you have a rib removed or have you always been able to do that?" Brilliant.

edit: found it, and it was FM Major with the amazing comeback. Another funny post in that thread about Henry Kaiser turning down a show because he needed to be in bed by 9:30.
Music

penningtron wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:56 am Referencing Skin Graft in another post reminded me that Weasel Walter once wrote a very long, self-absorbed post on here, complaining about how Steve Albini didn't 'get' his music and blah blah. Someone then followed it up with "did you have a rib removed or have you always been able to do that?" Brilliant.

edit: found it, and it was FM Major with the amazing comeback. Another funny post in that thread about Henry Kaiser turning down a show because he needed to be in bed by 9:30.
Man, if ever there was a post more deserving of "Sir, this is a Wendy's," I don't know if I've seen it.
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.

dontfeartheringo wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:50 am
penningtron wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:56 am Referencing Skin Graft in another post reminded me that Weasel Walter once wrote a very long, self-absorbed post on here, complaining about how Steve Albini didn't 'get' his music and blah blah. Someone then followed it up with "did you have a rib removed or have you always been able to do that?" Brilliant.

Man, if ever there was a post more deserving of "Sir, this is a Wendy's," I don't know if I've seen it.
Hahaha, I dig lots of WW’s music and came close to joining a band with him, but he sure has opinions about his opinions, and they are way too serious.
Escape Rope (guitar & vocals & production)
Black Mesa (drums & production since 2019)
fka Boombats, Lonesome Bulldog, and sambpot but NOT Cocend

I only ever rubbed elbows with WW online, where he was a really friendly guy to me until I expressed in a conversation with a third party on social media that I thought the mastering job he did on one particular record was kind of harsh (not even as a criticism, just a value judgment) and he came across it and lost it on me, which was weird and unpleasant.

The whole situation brings to mind an interview with FM Steve (I think on an episode of Kreative Kontrol) where Steve described himself as having the skin of a rhino; I remain unconvinced that Weasel has skin.