Re: RIP v2 - still no cure for death

tallchris wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:22 pm Bob Schick from Honor Role, Coral, Dynamic Truths passed away earlier today from pancreatic cancer (according to posts I've seen from his various friends).

Truly awful. I was a huge Honor Role fan in the ‘80s. A friend’s band had played a show with them in L.A. and returned home with a gifted Honor Role t-shirt that I coveted so openly that he gave it to me and I wore it until paper thin. Around the same time I wrote to the band and Bob wrote back. We continued to correspond for a few years and then lost touch. I treasure their music. What a singular vocalist, like no other. RIP Bob Schick.
Formerly known here as chumpchange

Re: RIP v2 - still no cure for death

The loss of Bob Schick is hitting me very hard. Particularly b/c I knew and was friendly w/the guy. Those lyrics of his were heavy fiction, yet they contained some deep, observational musings on humanity. He wasn’t much of a singer in the conventional sense, but that nasal keening of his could be dry and sarcastic one minute, tender and empathetic the next. Loved the guy and his music. (I’d go on, but I’m in the Dinaric Alps of northern Albania right now. Christ, first Steve and now this.)