STP

crap
Total votes: 67 (75%)
not crap
Total votes: 22 (25%)
Total votes: 89

Band: Stone Temple Pilots

I was pretty disappointed that self titled pearl jam record. Riot Act was pretty crappy too, but I remember listening to it more than I did that last disc.

STP is crap. I like Crackerman, Meatplow, and Pretty Penny but I don't own any STP records.
zom-zom wrote:Why do drummers insist on calling the little stools they sit on "thrones"? Kings of nothing.

Brett Eugene Ralph wrote:kinda like the vocal on the Wedding Present's version of "She's My Best Friend," which is better than the lives of all members of Stone Temple Pilots combined.

Hah, so true. I like that Wedding Present vocal as well.

I'll come right out and say I love me some STP. And I totally agree with descriptions like, "dunderheaded rock."

Pearl Jam is STP if STP were deluded enough to think that they had some sort of artistic credibility. I mean, the sheer number of douche chills that Eddie Vedder has caused in his lifetime should be evidence enough to get his ass locked up for good.
kerble wrote:you talked smack, now you gotta pony up some tone, hoss.

myspace.com/majorbarger

About ten years ago I was driving to a basketball game with a new friend from work who had been isolated enough that he had really only heard rap and the gospel stuff that played constantly in his home. He grew up in inner-city Milwaukee. It was our first outing together, and I put Core on, specifically Plush, and loud.

The man was literally screaming with pleasure at the main riff. So I can say without any irony or waffling that Stone Temple Pilots crosses racial and socioeconomic barriers with no problem, because my buddy was sure feeling it.

Myself, I have to say I like them, although Weiland himself seems to be about a world-class tool.

DazeyDiver wrote:I'll come right out and say I love me some STP. And I totally agree with descriptions like, "dunderheaded rock."

Pearl Jam is STP if STP were deluded enough to think that they had some sort of artistic credibility. I mean, the sheer number of douche chills that Eddie Vedder has caused in his lifetime should be evidence enough to get his ass locked up for good.

You sound like a douche yourself.
kerble is a walking contradiction

anarchyinthebronx wrote:
DazeyDiver wrote:I'll come right out and say I love me some STP. And I totally agree with descriptions like, "dunderheaded rock."

Waaaaaah. He doesn't sound like a douche, he pretty well summed it up.

It's important to remember that while Stone Temple Pilots wrote some cool rock songs, STP was often fucking boring. On Tiny Music...Songs from the Vatican, after a song as fun, rifferific, and momentum building as "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart" comes a piece of shit album killer like "Art School Girl".

Let's explore some of the lyrics of this piece of crap:

Scott Weiland sang / wrote:I got a girlfriend/she goes to art school/I got an art school girlfriend, yeah./I got a girlfriend, she got a girlfriend/we got a girlfriend/and she gotta go.

It actually gets even worse than that.

Stone Temple Pilots succeed when Scott Weiland seems to recognize a hit single, puts down the smack, and puts some effort into some lyrics and a melody that aren't completely ridiculous.

Sometimes I forget that Stone Temple Pilots released some songs that were way more boring and stupid than anything Pearl Jam ever did...Pearl Jam even managed to put out a couple of decent albums (although I can never really bring myself to listen to them all the way through). But as far as "Eddie Vedder douche chills" are concerned, Dazey Driver is speaking (mostly, anyway) the truth.
Last edited by Minotaur029_Archive on Mon May 05, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kerble wrote:Ernest Goes to Jail In Your Ass

anarchyinthebronx wrote:

Maybe, but he's still not even close to Darth Vedder:

Fig. 1: "I solemnly swear that punx not dead, oi!"

Fig. 2: "OMG LOLapalooza"
kerble is right.

anarchyinthebronx wrote:

You sound like an Eddie Vedder fan.
kerble wrote:you talked smack, now you gotta pony up some tone, hoss.

myspace.com/majorbarger