What gear do you want right now...

Frank Decent wrote:Yeah, you can [find Traynors in Canada]. I just wanted something new because I'm dumb.While they're not what the average Traynor Poster is looking for, the current run of Traynor Smallblock bass combos might fit your needs. They won't be the next secret Hot Snakes recording amp, but they're entirely like the TC/Fender Rumble/Ampeg mini-stack class of amps, and they say Traynor on them.I realize that a head+cab situation may be preferable for bad backs, but glancing at their website, while they have little class-D heads, all of their bass cabinets are the classic heavy style.The SB115 combo is stated to weigh 31 lbs.

Is this for gigging or just playing at home/recording stuff?I guess I wouldn't personally go w/ most modern solid state stuff for live, except the Quilter Bass Block (since I know that has withstood the Bismarck and therefore won't break just if you look at it). I've had a late 80's 400RB since 2003 and I've never had a single issue with it and it's been used on tons of tours, PRFBBQs, etc. It's one of the few pieces of gear I've had since I first started playing bass that I've still got and I've never had to take it to the shop.Cab wise, if you or anyone you know has any wood working skills it seems fairly easy to put together a TL606 1x15 and you could throw a Peavey Black Widow in there and then you're good to go for a long ass time.
Pure L wrote:I get shocked whenever I use my table saw while barefooted.

I Made Out With You Before You Were Cool
Don't Sit On The Pickets

eliya wrote:I thought you could still find Traynors in Canada for cheap. I'd get one over a GK.Yeeeurp! https://www.kijiji.ca/v-amp-pedal/oshaw ... nFlag=trueIf I was still in Toronto I would walk out to my car and pick that bad boy up. Afterwards I would celebrate at the local pub, and have to fight 3-4 people because Oshawa is the worst.or for $250 you get a tube bass head & a 4x10 cab.. I think I remember those GK cabs being only passable but I never owned onehttps://www.kijiji.ca/v-speakers/ottawa ... nFlag=true

tallchris wrote:Is this for gigging or just playing at home/recording stuff?I guess I wouldn't personally go w/ most modern solid state stuff for live, except the Quilter Bass Block (since I know that has withstood the Bismarck and therefore won't break just if you look at it). I've had a late 80's 400RB since 2003 and I've never had a single issue with it and it's been used on tons of tours, PRFBBQs, etc. It's one of the few pieces of gear I've had since I first started playing bass that I've still got and I've never had to take it to the shop.Cab wise, if you or anyone you know has any wood working skills it seems fairly easy to put together a TL606 1x15 and you could throw a Peavey Black Widow in there and then you're good to go for a long ass time.I've wondered about building a cab. I do not have those skills. This will be for gigging and recording. Not heavy gigging, but lots of practicing. I'll check out those recommendations!

Boombats wrote:I think this whole rig could be had second-hand, and then you're recycle/reuse/refuse/resisting instead of sending your hard-earned Canuck bucks to China. I don't know about Canadian craigslist, but if I wanted an entire loud and trim bass rig for $400ish, I have so many options.Toronto has lots of options, but that's about 550 CAD with the exchange. You can always find awesome speaker cabs for cheap there because no-one has a car