STP

crap
Total votes: 67 (75%)
not crap
Total votes: 22 (25%)
Total votes: 89

Band: Stone Temple Pilots

I previously wrote:I will vote for Stone Temple Pilots' "Sex Type Thing" as a great example of enjoyable dunderheaded rock. That big, dumb riff is kind of hypnotic. And this song is amusing to me because STP was trying to be so sensitivo. You know, STP, taking a stand against rape and shit.

Did you know that STP is from Los Angeles?

I call upon the U.S. armed forces to stage an immediate land, sea and air assault against Los Angeles.

DrAwkward wrote:
Minotaur029 wrote:It's sleazy stuff...it's soulless...but it's fun. No. 4 doesn't even work that badly as an album.

I guess STP is similar to Magnum, p.i. for me...I look at these dated bands/shows...and I think "Wow! This isn't completely retarded!" I'm probably a victim of our increasingly fucked up Rupert Murdoch culture.

You are hereby never permitted to question my support of The Box Social or any other musical act ever again.

As I know you got my back on this one, I gotta say...I know there's much Soundgarden hate on the PRF, but come on, worse than STP????
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.

holmes wrote:if you prefer this band to pearl jam circa 95 - 00 you are are fucking dick with a bigger dick stuck right down your japs eye.

Yes, I am a dick.

Pearl Jam is fucking atrocious wanky shit. A band that is named after a cum-shot. They wore hacky-sack hats on stage and played bubinga wood fretless basses. They smelled like yaks and wore knickers. The singer did that fake emotive epileptic Joe Cocker shit on stage. Fucking yarwling.

Granted, I don't know jack about the "95-00" era you are referring to, but they are a shitwagon of a band. I can only think of one good song, and it was just them doing an ode to Fugazi.

Now Stone Temple Pilots is bad too, but not quite as bad.