Recommend a... (Tech Room edition)

Can anyone recommend a delay with a swell/feedback function? I've been trying to achieve the effect with a Line6 M5 and an expression pedal, but a) I find most of the M5 delays pretty thin sounding and b) the swells sound harsh, unmusical, and kind of hard to "ride" - by the time they're kicking in and making themselves felt, they are escalating so much you just have to cut them off to have any sort of control.I know the Belle Epoch Deluxe does this, and the DOD Rubberneck (though that's discontinued, possibly cos of the white noise that people complained about).Anyone use the Mattoverse Warble/Swell delay? Any others?
yaledelay wrote:FUCK YOU APPLE PIE you are a old man...

Dudley wrote:Can anyone recommend a delay with a swell/feedback function? I've been trying to achieve the effect with a Line6 M5 and an expression pedal, but a) I find most of the M5 delays pretty thin sounding and b) the swells sound harsh, unmusical, and kind of hard to ride - by the time they're kicking in and making themselves felt, they are escalating so much you just have to cut them off to have any sort of control.I know the Belle Epoch Deluxe does this, and the DOD Rubberneck (though that's discontinued, possibly cos of the white noise that people complained about).Anyone use the Mattoverse Warble/Swell delay? Any others?Yo, I currently have both a BED and a Rubberneck. Yeah, there's white noise with the DOD, but I don't find it any more intrusive than with other analog delays. If you dial the gain down on the repeats, and don't set them to be too bright, it sounds great.The Strymon Brigadier is really good for fine control of oscillation. If you set the Repeats knob to 3 o'clock, it does a floating oscillation thing, where it doesn't run away into chaos. Set an Exp pedal to control this knob/parameter, and it will use the max knob position as the toe-down setting, making it a piece of piss to go from lower repeats to a controlled, infinite oscillation. I had one a few years back, and traded it for something else, also now long gone. God knows why...it's a really, really usable delay, and for some reason, has become the ginger stepchild of the Strymon range.

154 wrote:Looking for a Telecaster ashtray bridge that stays in better tune and doesn't sound dead or buzzy on the higher strings. The Masterys look awesome but cost nearly as much as I paid for this guitar (import knockoff that otherwise sounds and looks really good). Hoping there's a good in between option.I like the Callaham brass saddles. Their bridge is great if you want to add mass and completely remove microphonics. I prefer the sound of the flimsy original bridge though because it is more lively sounding (but it has to sit perfectly flat otherwise you get those weird microphonics).Have you ever tried a 6-saddle Fender vintage style Tele bridge? Might be right up your alley.