Re: The All New Gear Liquidation Thread

Sunn Beta Bass - $650 (pickup in Chicago.)

Does exactly what you think it should do! Bought it impulsively last month and just haven't had any reason to use it. Doesn't have the foot pedal.

Only thing to note is that the ground broke off of the attached power cable, but that should be a quick/easy fix. Otherwise, works great!
Jazz Titan/Ruthie Cohen

Current -
Future Living / Daddy's Boy / Blank Banker / Solo

Fomer -
Hungry Man / No Trust / Retreaters

Arrrrgh, this still be for sale! Why am I a pirate. I don't know.

I will let this go for a notably less so long as I don't have to ship it. I know some west coast bands are going to play caterwaul. Perhaps it can hitch a ride?
If this is scratching anyone's itch, let me know. I can probably work something out.
benadrian wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:33 pm Orange Rockerverb 50 2x12 Combo (Mk I)

I posted this to FB and IG, so some of you may have seen this. I bought a broken Orange Rockerverb 2 x 12" combo. I fixed it up and it sounds great. it had that slightly fuzzy, mid rich high gain sound. The clean channel is Vox-ish. For instance, it has the same tone stack values as an AC30 Top Boost.

However, there are still a few things that make it not-perfect; there are some crackly pots, the background idle noise seems slightly louder than I'd expect (I don't know if it's normal). The clean channel has a different type of knob. There are a few dings. This amp was taken out into the world.

This is the version that uses 4 6V6 tubes for the power amp. It can run two EL34 with a bias adjustment. I've replaced a few noisy tubes as part of the repair. It would probably improve with fresh tubes in the rest of the slots.

Since it's in B grade condition, I'm asking $900. Sorry. No shipping.. it's very heavy. It's in Los Angeles, and I may be driving to the Bay Area in the next month or so. I'm happy to hold on to it if anyone is ever touring out here or planning a vacation. Let me know... I can work with you.

Pics:

Thanks!

Nate Dort wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:13 pm 2x Oktava MK-012 / MC-012 SDC microphones.. These both have the Dorsey mod. Both work like they should, with some minor cosmetic issues:
1) Both have slight dents on the capsule edges, doesn't effect performance.
2) Both are missing one of the three screws that hold the body shell on. Doesn't effect performance.

One of them is labeled "MK-012-01", the other "MC 012-01." Both look virtually identical inside, and they're definitely Russian-made, not one of the Chinese knock-offs.

$150 each shipped, or $290 for the pair.
PM me.
"There's a felling I get when I look to the west"
"When the meaningful words. When they cease to function. When there's nothing to say."

Mickey242 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:08 pm
Nate Dort wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:13 pm 2x Oktava MK-012 / MC-012 SDC microphones.. These both have the Dorsey mod. Both work like they should, with some minor cosmetic issues:
2) Both are missing one of the three screws that hold the body shell on. Doesn't effect performance.

One of them is labeled "MK-012-01", the other "MC 012-01." Both look virtually identical inside, and they're definitely Russian-made, not one of the Chinese knock-offs.

PM me.
Sorry, sold them both on reverb yesterday.

Nate Dort wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:27 am
Mickey242 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:08 pm

PM me.
That's cool. Let me know if your selling in the future. Always looking for more mics.
"When the meaningful words. When they cease to function. When there's nothing to say."

airloom wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:51 pm
Mickey242 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:19 am
Nate Dort wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:27 am

That's cool. Let me know if your selling in the future. Always looking for more mics.
pffffft.
I got a trio of neumann km184s that I rarely use anymore.
Want to buy em?
No way.